PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS Ireland SAIL
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2017, 12:02
Avenger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bondi, the conditions that AER Pilots enjoy are formed from Irish Law principles:

"Collective bargaining is governed not by legislation but by a series of nationally-negotiated pay agreements based upon a social partnership model. Government, representatives of the trade union movement, of employers' organisations and more recently also drawn from the non-governmental 'social pillar' (ie voluntary groups) come together to negotiate a national agreement which fixes wage increases and other payments generally."

Bearing in mind this was a State Owned airline that was floated, the hereditary rights etc remain under Irish and EU laws as Eire is part of the " eurozone"

Under the Constitution, the State guarantees the right of the citizens to form associations and unions. (art. 40.6.(iii))." therefore there is no " recognition" issues as in NAS. Secondly, Unions in Eire are affiliated .. Unfortunately these T+Cs were so good the massive debt meant that the Government had little choice but to sell the airline to IAG! Bit like Olympic Airlines.. jobs for the boys..

Its a good thing on the one hand, but leads to protectionism on the other, i.e if you're not Irish, the chances of a job at Lingus are so slim you could slide under a door!

SAS will reduce it's cost base, not wages..

Last edited by Avenger; 2nd Feb 2017 at 12:12.