PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Group Captain Carol Vorderman
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2017, 13:09
Bigglesthefrog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
She is 56 and she's very cleaver. She's done a lot of things in her life and most of that was a help to many people. Her service to the Air Training Corps is absolutely vital as the government have been sniping the budget almost every year and now, it seems, the poor cadets have nothing to fly!!
When I was an ATC cadet I had looped a Chippy at 14 years of age, flown many times in Gliders and had lots of fun turning up at RAF flying camps in ATC uniform in order to bum flights in many RAF aircraft of the day. Sadly the poor cadets can't do any of that these days due to the aforementioned government cuts and turning up anywhere in uniform is not advised due to the possibility of adverse action by a few minority groups that are almost supported by our Lilly livered governments today. Hopefully Carol Vorderman's well know tenacity and perseverance may shame the government into returning some of the money they have ripped off from the youngsters, no doubt to pay the flagging foreign aid budget!
Lastly, she looks terrific in her uniform and I can't think of any guy that I know would refuse an invitation to dinner and champers with her. That's why wives reach for their rolling pins when her name is mentioned!!