PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easy jet AQC + TR questions
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2017, 01:27
PFDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For anyone wondering how things go with Route 4, here goes a brief explanation:

Phase 1 Assessment
Got to Dibden Manor around 14:10 and met with some other candidates that were arriving at the time. We then handed our documents and were taken to a conference room where we had a briefing about CTC, easyJet and Route 4 itself.

Later on we were taken to the "Test Room". You can read more about the specific assessment technicalities on GBotley's blog which helped me a lot! There are different softwares and websites you can use to prepare for this, I would advise you to do so!

After the tests were complete, we came back to the "Living Room" and as soon as we got the "all clear" we went home. Results were sent via e-mail the next day and fortunately, I was in for Phase 2. Day 1 was quite short and really relaxed, even though it was all new for us.

Phase 2 Assessment
This day assessed 12 of us, 8 MPL and 4 R4 applicants.
(Sorry if I don't go into much detail for the next part but we were specifically asked not to reveal details in public as a way to make sure they would be able to assess new candidates by the same standards they assessed us and that it was fair for everybody.)
The day started with a briefing about the program, how everything was gonna go and about easyJet. This briefing was given both by CTC and easyJet personnel.
Later on had we a meeting with a CTC cadet, which was quite interesting as it allowed us to ask some questions and share some impressions about CTC seen from the student's point of view.
The assessment exercises took place right after this and were separated by lunch.

Overall I found both assessment days really nice, CTC and easyJet members made everything they could to relax us and make us comfortable, tried to explain everything we had doubts about, and promised to look up any possible details they were not sure about. In the end it is a new program and it's quite normal that some things might be different to other CTC programs so far.
Looking back I see absolutely no tricks whatsoever and I'm sure that most people can pass it as long as you put enough time and effort studying easyJet, CTC and the Route 4 concept. I am honestly thrilled to board the easyJet family and I can't wait to start my AQC.

I wish you all the best of luck!

Last edited by PFDriver; 26th Jan 2017 at 01:43.