PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2017, 11:55
BEagle

Received 270 Likes on 109 Posts
GABARDINE SWINE

Steady on, Danny, the bromide seems to be wearing off! I'd post another piccy of Section Officer Harvey, but wouldn't want your sphygmomanometer to ping off-scale high!

About 25 years ago I arranged a 3-ship UAS Bulldog trip for some PR stunt involving Beaujolais Noveau () being delivered to some charity do in London - we flew to Manston to collect the crates which the OTC had driven up to Calais and the URNU had brought over in their boat. We flew it to Northolt via special clearance down the heli-lanes, off-loaded it, then flew back to Benson. Meanwhile the students pedalled their way from Northolt to the event on butchers' bikes with the wine bottles jangling in the baskets.

Our route took us over HQ STC at High Wycombe at about 500 ft. Plodding up the hill from the OM were all the staff REMFs off to their mahogany bombers in their blues - like matchstick men from a Lowry painting. "There they go, all the gabardine swine brown-nosing in their headlong rush for promotion", I remarked to my student. But he'd never heard of the Gaderene swine, so the pun was rather lost on him...