PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2017, 08:08
Chugalug2

Received 221 Likes on 69 Posts
tuc:-
implement mandated regulations.
For all the many threads that have run in this Forum re Airworthiness Related Fatal UK Military Air Accidents, or mercifully this one which doesn't, all can be reduced to these mere three words. They are not directed in the main at those who do the flying or do the servicing, they are directed at those who work in the dusty MOD corridors and whose preoccupation for too long has been damage limitation and the cover up of past scandal.

Principal among those of course is the military air regulator, aka the MAA itself. If ever there were an up to date illustration of the New Testament Parable told in Mathew 7, v 24-27, it is the MAA:-

Everyone therefore who hears these words of mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man, who built his house on a rock. The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it didn't fall, for it was founded on the rock. Everyone who hears these words of mine, and doesn't do them will be like a foolish man, who built his house on the sand. The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.
I would commend some Bible reading in those MOD corridors. No acronyms of course, and the references to rain and flood are apocryphal before stats relating to them trigger a paper extolling the initiatives taken to counter water borne hazard. We once had an Air Safety System that worked. Then it was attacked by RAF VSOs for short term gains at the expense of safety and it has never recovered. In retrospect it was built on sand. Before it can be rebuilt it must be built on rock, ie independent and safe from future such attack and interference.

It took HM Coroners to tell the RAF that there is something wrong with their bloody aircraft. It takes ancient scripture to recommend a long term fix.