PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun, Botswana. The essential guide.
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2017, 07:28
Savanna Dry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Torque, thank you. See your point. Rotary down here is great fun though. You quite often get based in the bush at a luxury lodge for some time. Lots of skimming the tree tops in Jet Rangers for scenic flights. Yes long term probably best fixed wing. The very best of luck.

gehenna:

About 10,000 hrs. ATPL, heavy four jet, wide bodied, twin piston, twin turbine, single piston, military fast jets, bit of rotary but not rated. Will that do you? Oh, and personal pilot to HMQ for some years. Now you know who I am! ;-) Yea, as you say I probably won't get very far.

We were in the Department of Irritation the other day. Extremely helpful folk actually if you adopt the right attitude. Calls for a bit of acting ability. They have a new target to turn applications around in two weeks we will see. Our papers go in next week - will report back.

Experience dictates that you are best going in there yourself, collar and tie and chatting to a senior officer not going through an agency. I appreciate that most charter companies use agencies and you have no choice but it still pays to pitch up in person for a seperate meeting without the agency girlie who has probably lost most of your papers anyway - keep copies for this eventuality. .

Last edited by Savanna Dry; 20th Jan 2017 at 12:42.