PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines cargo 747 crashes in Kyrgyzstan
Old 19th Jan 2017, 09:19
Pali

Received 207 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Kulverstukas
It's not country-wide, it's usually local community. Possibly, in USSR time this patches was provided for airport workers (see, it's just 400 sq.m each) for growing fruits and vegetables. Usually it was in form of non-pofit cooperative. I think that if you put "aeroflot village" in google map you will find a thousands of them.
I am bit surprised that there is no regulation to prohibit building any hard structures on the centreline or in the vicinity of it. I can imagine that runway existed there long before any dwellings were built. We don't know yet if the outcome for the crew would be different in case there would be only gardens and fields but I would suggest that areas in the straight line from runway should stay clear in a reasonable distance from an airport fence.

If you watched that video on 727 cargo take off at Puerto Carreno crash recently it may be that hitting hard structure behind the fence possibly severing flaps on the starboard wing was the final Swiss cheese hole which doomed the flight.

We would find quite many cases when built up structures on the prolonged centreline made things worse and I am not certain if given legislation is neglected or it simply doesn't exist.

Why endanger pilots and inhabitants on the ground by such a negligence?