PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2017, 10:38
Reverserbucket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been reading the documents in the NTSB docket released following the Winslow incident. In the pilot submitted report she lists herself as holding an airplane, single-engine land flight instructor certificate but no commercial or instrument qualification (for those not familiar with FAA, a minimum of a Commercial Pilot Certificate and Instrument Rating is required to hold a flight instructor ticket). It looks as though the FAA involvement in this was at arms length (as was the NTSB's) however the reporting NTSB Investigator records the involvement of the Scottsdale FSDO (the local FAA regional office). I would have thought that this anomaly would have raised an eyebrow from the FAA inspector and would have lead to at least a question for clarification.

I appreciate that an attempt has been made to establish her NZ qualifications but does she believe she is an FAA Certified Flight Instructor or has this false entry in the NTSB report been made erroneously or is she still attempting to promote the charade? Telling fibs to the Feds is not looked on kindly.