PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines cargo 747 crashes in Kyrgyzstan
Old 17th Jan 2017, 09:28
Icelanta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, the main cargo deck was probably full with pallets ( 86'tons).
Load shift is not very probable, the pallets themselves are not that heavy normally flying out of HK, and one pallet getting loose will do nothing in reality on B744.
Please do not compare with the National crash in Bagram. That was an extremely heavy non-standard Military load ( trucks) that had never been transported in such quantity on a National flight, and was secured incorrectly.

Regarding the claim that regulations for cargo flights are different: that is NOT correct. Same duty limitations, same training and licence requirements.
Most cargo operators give training to their crews that is on par or better than passenger carrying airlines. Think Cargolux, TNT, EAT,... No pay-to-fly... of course, there are always some companies that do anything to " get the job done" and to outprice competitors.
I will not give my opinion in public regarding maintenance and operating standards of ACT however.

The company I fly for ( with excellent training standards and maintenance by the way) operates both the Passenger-and Cargo version of the B744. We fly mixed fleet, traning is the same ( actually, more things to take into account on a cargo flight, like smoke avoidance procedures due hot and humid ops).

If they went around from the DA ( 100'), then one would excpect them to be at least at around 2000' over the crash-site.
The debris do not look to result from a high-impact crash like the Flydubai go-around crash ( very high fragmentation), same goes for the National Bagram accident. ( high fragmentation).