PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all ex-Wessex personnel
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2017, 19:22
PH Pommy 1964

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, Fareastdriver, Thanks very much for the info on Wayne. Your right about the ages. My memory went to pot years ago. I was 32 and now I think about it he was about 20 give or take. I can however remember back in 1964 flying the Governor of WA in a Cessna205 from the Karratha homestead strip to Rosemary Island Game fishing club. When I got back to my base at Port Hedland [I was the only aircraft there apart from Jim Smith with the RFDS aircraft] I found a bag of fillet steak which had been put onboard by the manager at Karratha for the Gov to have during his time on the island. When contacted by HF he told the guy to give to me and my wife. When I went back a week later to pick him up he said" I hope you enjoyed the steak Bob, I have had to eat bloody fish all week, and I don`t really like the stuff!" He was a really nice bloke. This all took place before rail lines were laid ..or any iron ore was taken out of the virgin bush. Sorry, I!m rambling on a bit. Would love to hear from you if you do get any info on Wayne. Regards, Bob.