PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225.....CAA meeting with Airbus Helicopters
Old 15th Jan 2017, 11:03
henra

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by 500 Fan
Brother83, I wonder if the two pilots in LN-OJF turned to each other after the main rotor had separated from the rest of their 225 and said "cheer up"? I doubt it, somehow.
They surely didn't. As didn't those that were going to die in dozens of other fatal accidents in other Types for various other causes.

I in so far agree with Brother83 that from a pure statistical perspective the 225 is still very safe. The trouble is that Human can rather deal with a cause that is known and where the fix is to hopefully not f**k up a again (although chances are someone will) than with a cause that is statistically much less likely but where there is no sure fix and which will have no chance of recovery if it occurs. It is something about Human nature. Percieved risks and real risks are usually as far apart as you can imagine. In all walks of Life.

What is also contributing massively in this particular case is the unbelievable arrogance the Manufacturer has displayed over the past episodes of troubles with the Puma Family.