PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet 2016
Thread: easyJet 2016
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2017, 00:24
Officer Kite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sara98
To those who were unfortunately unsuccessful at Stage 2 of selection process with CAE OAA, have you received an email from the training advisor (Olivia H.) encouraging you to book a slot for an integrated ATPL assessment (including ADAPT, Team Exercise and Interview at a price of 250£) instead of waiting the 6 month allocation before retaking for easyJet?

If yes, what do you honestly think about this invitation?
Hi Sara,

I honestly would not accept it. Essentially the school want you to start on a course with them, or at least attend selection with them again, they make a profit either way.

More to it however is that this industry is unstable and terribly unpredictable, what may look like good job prospects now can very quickly change in 18 months time. OAA will not do anything for you in future if jobs are few and far between. It is paramount in this day and age to get onto an airline scheme and severely mitigate the risks associated with flight training.

Finally, if Sara98 means you're born in 1998 then you absolutely should not be in any hurry whatsoever to start training. Develop yourself, learn more about the process, what they want in a pilot, get interview practice, keep up to date with the industry etc and in the mean time apply for airline schemes as and when they open up. I did just this when I failed my CTC assessment at 18 yrs old exactly 3 years ago this month. It was a tough journey but finally the patience paid off as easyJet said i was successful now im waiting my route.

There is no rush, I would kindly turn down the self sponsored oaa offer, you can do better