PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2017, 09:43
The Old Fat One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I may, with reference to the list of questions above.

I believe it is now imperative that the so-called "outreach" activities are put under the spotlight, because in the "duck & weave" mentality of the Bird in a Biplane, her acolytes, and the award-giving collective, these now justify their actions following the volte-face on her flying activities.

There is evidence of outreach type activity on her various IOT (internet of things) channels, but to put that in perspective, I have done WAY MORE tangible "outreach" than she has ACTUALLY EVIDENCED to date. And nothing I've done merits anything more than a well done and pat on the head. it's what decent folk do without any expectation of recognition.

Her desire to over-embellish her flying can be passed off to a degree to misguided enthusiasm - there is something distinctly smelly and dark about passing yourself off as a leader for the underprivileged and unfortunate, without solid, tangible and substantial evidence that supports your case.

Note the pathetic (I would use other language, but in the interests of the thread, I'll pass) oration above...

Alongside pursuing her interests in flying and adventures, Tracey and Bird in a Biplane Ltd are committed as part of their work to support a structured outreach programme to support related causes and organisations such as Services charities, education and young people, and women in aviation to name just a few.
My Bold

To "name but few"...pardon me oh academic great ones...you didn't NAME ANY. And here's the thing if it's "structured" - your words - there will be records, accounts, thank you letters etc etc. These will be public documents (because they are charities and charities are accountable - in England, to the Charity Commission for example) so get out from under your Data Protection B/S.

So for my part another question should be

Please publish FULL details of your outreach programme including depth, commitment, duration and external sources/organisations that can be referenced

or something like that