PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the deal with Cathay DE FO recruitment. Is it genuine ?
Old 11th Jan 2017, 12:00
McNugget

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4468
As with most legacy carriers! The MOST revealing factor, would be the attrition rate (loss of pilots to other airlines.) at these employers. Now that WOULD be an interesting read!
Correct. I'm not sure what your point is? I was answering a question made in the post prior to mine. As usual, you've gone off on an irrelevant tangent.

On to your points; If you need £100,000 to live (which would make you a pretty poor financial decision maker), then at least that leaves 45 grand to stash at the end of the year.

My point is, having the same take home pay as a very senior BA LH captain as a year 1 FO will attract plenty of people from all walks of the industry. If you're struggling with that, then I'm not sure what to say. I'm not encouraging people to join, and I'm not saying it's the bees knees. You're either playing the idiot, or you are one.

As for attrition - about 35 in 2016. Pilot workforce about 3300. What's the revelation you're so excited about?