PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Part 61 conundrum for Australian ATPL applicants
Old 4th Jan 2017, 18:10
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by das Uber Soldat
Sherm you are in no position to lecture anyone to 'read carefully' when you have demonstrated time and time again that you have no interest in reading a thing anyone else has to say on the matter.

There is absolutely nothing new in your latest post, just another in a long line of assertions that your opinion is factual, providing not a shred to substantiate it. Do you honestly believe that if you say something enough times you can just make it true?

Because I just love repeating myself, here we go.

How many times Sherm, how many times have people here asked you or Havick to provide evidence that this test results in an increase in flight safety? Do you think we haven't noticed your total inability to provide it? You haven't even been able to provide a lick of evidence that the ATPL flight test is in any material way different to an IPC other than to close your eyes and shout it over and over.

I have done the ATPL flight test. I have done IPC's. I've seen first hand how the test is administered (mine was done by CASA too, not part of a 217 org). I did it in the right seat, and nothing about it varied in any way from an IPC except for one thing.

I had to demonstrate taxiing.

You lecture everyone on the differences yet I'd wager a fair sum you haven't actually done the test in Australia in its current form at all.

Lastly, though I know I'll never get an answer (because that would involve actually reading my post), I'm dying to hear your reply to my last post to you;

So which is it mate?
Das,

We are arguing different points. I'm taking aim at all the whiners but made no effort to help make change to PT61 when the opportunity presented itself. Then I'm taking a double shot at the whiners that had the opportunity to get their ATPL from cornflakes box but didn't .

I'm on the fence as to the need for the flight test itself. One thing I can say is that under the old system there was nothing stopping a pilot from flying a 2 crew aircraft having never undergone any training or assessment flying multi crew (think IFR helicopter without an autopilot fly charter). Under the old system 'someone' was sent off on a job that the helicopter required two pilots (IFR no aitopilot) and because it was charter the captain required an ATPL. 'Someone' had an ATPL (out of a cornflakes box) and a current CIR-ME(H) and could fly the job two crew as captain having never flown two pilot ops in their life. Was there an incident? No, but it just illustrates that there are possibilities of flying ops having never been trained or assessed in doing so.

At least on the helicopter side of the house occurrences above were the norm rather than the exception (unless a former military background or brought up through the offshore ranks).

PT61 does capture this in other areas now but the ATPL flight test is the catch all to close off the loopholes that used to allow this to occur.