PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Part 61 conundrum for Australian ATPL applicants
Old 3rd Jan 2017, 19:58
Captain Sherm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Read carefully.

Under Part 61 to get an ATPL you are required to demonstrate your ability to command a multi engine multi crew IFR turbine aircraft in both normal and non normal circumstances with special reference to using TEM/CRM principles in practice in unfolding scenarios with multiple options and decision points.

This is much more than an IPC.

There is no reason why the cannot be built into to normal command upgrade processes for a CAR 217 carrier and this is happening now.

You've always had to do some form of test to either get or use an ATPL. The Commonwealth has formalised and standardised this process. To get a Commonwealth issued ATPL a Commonwealth licenced Examiner must test you.

Operators wanting recruit pilots to have an ATPL will have problems getting applicants. Offshore operators may well want it.

There was a long consultation process for Part 61.

The above are facts and I'm sorry you can't get the job you want. I had to get an off shore ATPL and pay for a type rating to get the job I wanted. Then had a great career. You might consider upgrading your qualifications to become more attractive to employers.