PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My dream - advice please (collective thread)
Old 3rd Jan 2017, 12:27
HeronsClimb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Realistics

Hello Pprune,

Firstly, I'm not going to blabber on about my dream, I would just like some good solid advice on what I can do with my current situation and if you do read all of this I appreciate the time taken out of your day.
I'm 19 years old (20 in august), and Im pondering picking back up the goal of flying for a major airline (and overcoming all the hurtles that come with trying to reach that point).

I hope you excuse me, but just background info on myself. I left Sydney when I was 15 ( a year after my first TIF) to come to a specialty aviation high school in Perth without my parents (which I dropped out of) after passing the entry test with only two incorrect answers of the 35 questions.

I made the choices on my own, I found the school on my own, and I taught myself the knowledge required (could have passed that test at 12) but I'm just trying to show that the determination box is ticked( and I know dropping out may sound otherwise but conflicting situations forced me to and leaving your home at 15 is not an easy task) while hopefully not sounding to obnoxious. Moving on I'm also considering doing an online degree as I do work fulltime and I'm not 100% sure but I'm getting the jist that this is acceptable by the airlines(can anyone confirm who has a job and did an online degree??) I'm currently earning 40k a year and I'm hoping this might just, just be enough to pay for hours on top of living expenses.

The biggest question which will stir up the mix is "Best flight school" now I have no care in the world for what the admins are like,or if the owner has attitude. I just want my hours and an effective instructors in a cheap( I know that won't happen) and timely manner with a school that gets students into airlines. I know as I work full time this could set me back in time but I'm committed to work as hard as possible, and I really don't care about pay or living conditions as long as I can say I've made it. By which time id probably hate it, but I can say it's fulfilled and my life has been lived how I wanted.

Cheers guys