PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2017, 13:48
Danny42C

Do not Fart against Thunder !

Chugalug (#9955),
... My Lord, I offer in evidence this link to a photograph of a Fairey Battle in the process of restoration. Your Lordship will no doubt notice that the driver enters it from the right hand side. I apologise to Your Lordship for the caption not being in English. Frankly it's all Double Dutch to me! <https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairey>Battle_nl.jpg>...
Counsel for the Defendant sits down with victorious flourish; Counsel for the Complainant rises in abject misery and throws in the towel. Resolves to treble his Fee to his idiot Client for putting him up with such a ridiculous case, kicks himself for ever accepting the Brief (but then his wife had been going on and on about a Christmas Break in Gstaad).

My Lord looks at him sourly over pince-nez, says will refer case to Bar Council to have this Clown unfrocked.

''''''''''''''''''''
You are right, Chugalug - it's a fair cop ! Internet Explorer turned up its nose at your Link, but Google Chrome would play. "Ha !", I thought, "the negative has been reversed - I know the Merlin runs the prop clockwise as viewed from the cockpit, let's have a look at the blades !" Oh woe, oh willowy waley ! Picture is kosher. Must retire in confusion.

All is not lost, it was not double-dutch, but Norwegian. What a glorious find !Henceforth I shall descibe myself as an (ex) dive-bommenwerper. Priceless !
...There is definite incidence to the fuselage...
The wing, acherly ! (slip of the pen, of course),

Yours in the Dunce's Cap, Danny.

............................................................ ..

Chugalug and Geriaviator (#9956-7),

All clear as crystal now - thanks ! (but the little red "X" had beaten me to your pic, Geriaviator) EDIT: Pic has come back ! But why, oh why, not put a spinner on to complete the picture ?

The Dak and the Anson had the same protruding wheels (good idea). Was a wartime case of an Anson chap who lost both (donks) at height over airfield. Had plenty of time on way down to crank-up wheels and then use starter motors to set both props E-W. Dead-sticked on runway, nil damage. Good Show !

All the best for 2017 !

Danny.

Last edited by Danny42C; 2nd Jan 2017 at 13:58. Reason: Addn.