PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2017, 23:10
Chugalug2

Received 223 Likes on 70 Posts
Brian48Nav, you are right on all counts. The RAF was large enough in those days to avoid someone if you set about it wisely, and JW411 wisely succeeded in avoiding me! As to Dave Carter, I had no idea that we lived so close until I found out from you. Too late though. Another good man gone, and far too soon.

Danny:-
What would a horse think ? You can't be serious !
My Lord, I offer in evidence this link to a photograph of a Fairey Battle in the process of restoration. Your Lordship will no doubt notice that the driver enters it from the right hand side. I apologise to Your Lordship for the caption not being in English. Frankly it's all Double Dutch to me!

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairey..._Battle_nl.jpg

As to the process by which the undercarriage was extended and retracted by means of the "Actuating Rods and Rams", it was clearly enabled by a suitable system of levers and linkages, as with all such arrangements. The engineering chappies will know the specifics, that's what they're there for after all. Anyone for Tennis?

As to the mark VV in the group photo, if you say that it's a Mark 4 then it's a Mark 4 in my book. There is definite incidence to the fuselage, and I have it on excellent authority that discounts all other marks. QED!

Finally I hope that you've had a great Christmas and that the next one will be equally enjoyable for you. Happy New Year, Danny!