PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Considering leaving BA
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2016, 19:05
basiljet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi bex88

Thanks for your help and advice so far on the ba hold pool side of things. For my opinion and as I'm in the hold pool for BA I can say the grass is 100% not greener in rotational type jobs. I currently do 20/20 or 30/30 or 14/14 flying a very lovely jet but spend almost all my time on duty sitting in hotel rooms alone waiting for midnight so I can tick off another day before going home. Sounds lovely to have "half a year off" but if I can get a job where I fly 900 hours a year and get home more than once a month and have some, even a tiny bit of control over my roster then I would sell a limb (class one medical taken into account of of course)

I fly maybe 200 hours a year and I have done this for many years. Some medium haul but mainly long haul and I LOVE the flying but hate everything else that goes along with rotational work. There is very little to enjoy outside of a stable airline in my opinion even though my salary is far more than airline ops as it always seems to be on rotation.