PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Considering leaving BA
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2016, 09:16
bex88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks chaps. Some very valid points and it almost certainly sounds like it could be same crap different shirt.

The issue for me is that of rostering. Yes this is due to change with jeppessen and BA's system does work for most but and its a big but for a very small number of us you never benefit from increasing seniority. If your in the bottom 1/3 today then you will be forever. With a union who have no appetite to address the problem I can't see how I will ever have any sort of lifestyle. Working every weekend and I pretty much mean every weekend drives a big wedge between you and your family. The financial reward at BA in the medium term is considerably less than LHS at easy, if the figures on PPJN are correct. Even the captain base is significantly more.

A handful of my colleagues felt so fed up that they left too. I like the company and my job but if the situation is the same in 5 years time my job maybe all that remains. It's not a decision to be made with haste.

Financially I have a responsibility to provide for my family so yes salary is important but BBJ-Captain you make some excellent points