PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easy jet AQC + TR questions
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2016, 10:35
gbotley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as I'm aware, BALPA got involved a while back and positive changes were made with all parties. I would post the link as a source as I did above to back up my statement, but BALPA have changed their website recently and the articles have all gone with it.

As it stands, I've heard from cadets further down the pipeline it's in the region of £35-£45 an hour on Flexi and at Gatwick base the monthly summer pay can equate to £2500+ although I can't remember if that was before tax deducted or after them. I'm swayed towards the latter though as average salary is in mid to late £30k of some of them and Pilot Jobs Network highlights new entrant base pay as £40k on direct entry so it's probably most accurate. Of course, this is me joining the dots so I could be wrong in some places.

EDIT: To add to the above, trainees whom easyJet have based where flexicrew is not allowed under employment law are on a standard contract from day 1 but it may/may not be permanent with some being a fixed term deal for your first year or two.

Last edited by gbotley; 1st Jan 2017 at 01:04.