PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TU154 out of Sochi is missing.
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2016, 18:10
AN2 Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the translation.

Re the flight path, I don't think that he was returning but he was on the SID BINOL2A, which would pretty much prescribe such a flight track. Even though with the graphic posted before, it would have meant he's turned early at around 7 km rather than 15 NM.

Something rather abrupt must have happened immediately after the turn. Would be at the point where I'd guess they might have been retracting the flaps.

The Russians did retire the B2 variant I believe from civilian airlines. Obviously not from the Military, which apparently have refurbished and recommissioned some B2 airframes (they also have M's I believe). I was surprised today to hear it was a B2 which crashed today. If I am not mistaken, I read that the plane which went into a severe dutch roll on video in 2011 was one of those which came out of storage and has in the mean time been seen flying. This one came out of storage in 2014 if I understand their coms properly. In terms of hours it was young with 6800 hours. I never saw a reason why they would retire a whole fleet of a well proven airframe like this.