PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2016, 16:59
Danny42C

Chugalug,

I must apologise for addressing my Post #9862 to Geriaviator (when it should clearly have been to you), as if #9548 was from him and not from you. We Seniors easily become confused ! Mea Maxima Culpa! (and I haven't had a drop of the hard stuff all day !)

So as to to be perfectly clear, I was answering you when I wrote:
...Thanks for the detailed instruction: only got a pale blue "IWM", clicked on that, got a black square which did nothing, wandered about a bit and found 'Oral Records', got no joy and retired hurt in full 'Christopher Columbus' mood. He (as you'll recall): "Didn't know where he was going when he set off; didn't know where he was when he got there; and didn't know where he'd been when he got back".
That describes me exactly with any IT problem ! Give up ! I am beyond human aid ! - but thanks for trying, all the same.
Now I must apologise for my #9854, in which I airily refer to the 'Vlad' video without attributing it to you as the first, AFAIK, to bring it to our notice. "I'll look your Post up, and give the reference", I thought. Could I find it again ? - I could not *. Tried "Search This Thread" (predictably as much use as a sick headache, although must admit it can find "Amapola" all right). Useless ! (Even Google professed total ignorance).
Now this Thread is "just like old times", isn't it ? - with hares running all over the place and people chipping in with helpful scraps of information. So, one at a time, here is my two cent's worth...
I hope you two gentlemen (and anyone else who was puzzled) will forgive me.

Danny.