PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2016, 16:26
EnigmAviation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy 75th --- Cadets on the ground

Interesting exchange on FB responding to Commandant's 75th Anniversary message ......................

"Business as usual ? Well I suppose that if it's based on the time since April 2014 when all the VGS units were suspended from flying , then yes, it is business as usual ! With currently about 2 Viking T Mk1, and 3 Vigilant T Mk 1 ( now grounded due to engine problems) and virtually NO instructors current, many VGS units closed down permanently, "spare " Grob Tutor aircraft sold off to the Finnish Air Force, and their staff occupying RAF training that VRT officers redundant from closed VGS units are finding hard to get, then over two and a half years downstream, it's anybody's guess when we'll ever see the AIR in Air Cadets in the next couple of years. Worst thing is, this awful situation was brought about by the professionals, and NOT the loyal VRT Officers and CGI's who spent every spare waking hour in the service of VGS units. Not an anniversary to be proud of really ma'am in my humble opinion"

Response ex Commandant :-

"You are entitled to your opinion. Forgive me if I don't share your share your views."

Response to Commandant from FB post(er) individual :-

"Well ok, opinions aside, which of the numerous facts quoted are incorrect ? E.g., airworthy serviceable aircraft available with clear F700 for VGS ops nationwide as of today, current and re-categorised instructors and pilots, ready for duty this week ?"

Final word ex Commandant:-

"sorry, not prepared to get into a confrontational debate in an open forum - not what my FB account is for. If you have questions or complaints that cannot be answered by the 2FTS chain of command or others, write to me at the HQ and I will do my best to answer your concerns"

I suppose publication of facts will be the subject of security restrictions as this could be of use to Mr Putin. Debate now open - the only grossly optimistic sign is that ACCGS are advertising a vacancy for an instructor - but for Viking only !.

I see one other post responded

"Ostrich head sand buried. Make what you will of it." !!!

Any views ??