PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet goes down on its way to Medellin, Colombia
Old 18th Dec 2016, 20:37
ATC Watcher
Pegase Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lemme :
I think I too start to understand your motivation in doing this ( although you choose not to reply directly to my questions on my first post on this subject).

Yes ADS-B down-link parameters can be useful in the early stage of an investigation if you do not have other surveillance means which are independent like radar, and if CVR/FDRs are not recovered/usable or simply absent ( small a/c types)
However in most cases , and in this one in particular, there is multiple radar recording available, and FDR and CVR were recovered in good shapes.
FR24 provides some form of data, and one can use this to draw some conclusions before the Investigation team does its work. Nothing wrong with that.That is why we come to this forum .
What I object in your case is that you present this FR24 data, correlate it with info collected on Internet to present your version of the " facts " ahead of the preliminary report of the official Investigation team and fool people with such detailed and specialized info that most will believe that what you present are " facts".
Lot of persons died in this accident and for me at least, you should have respect and refrain from assuming or worse stating what the crew did or did not do because there you have no idea.
Finally a word of caution , never forget the " D" in ADS . It is only dependent of what it reads and what is manually inputted . BS in , BS out.

I know I am probably not going to convince you to call it a day and wait a year for the preliminary report, but you are not going to convince me that what you do is " scientific" either.