PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2016, 20:52
RexBanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Enzo999
I see what your saying and predicting along time in to the future is pointless. But it is fairly clear that for at lest the next few years recruitment will be a fraction of what it has been over the previous, meaning movement up the lists will be much slower so weekend work, nights away and slow command times are a fact of life for any new joiner. Anyone joining 2 or 3 years ago was joining at the begging of a massive wave of recruitment so I doubt they were told the same thing.
Enzo I think you're somewhat overstating the case of a trickle of recruitment. Recruitment was always plannned to slow down in 2017. You've basically discounted the fact that retirements stopped for ten years in 2006. They're now going to return to normal and make no mistake there is a bulge. Add to that the fact that many senior guys are also preparing their notice because they can't go part time. I think the non award of part time is part of a company strategy to rid itself of a few of the PP24's out there.

It (recruitment) may not be 350+ (and certainly not this year) but it's not going to be a trickle either. There's only 100 or so people joining the company this year but bear in mind that ALL of those people are going to be on the airbus, meaning that all existing A320 P2's will move up the list 15-20% by this time next year. That's not far off what this year's new joiners on the airbus achieved in 2016, because this year there were significant numbers onto other fleets too.

Yes us Airbus P2's won't be moving up the Master Seniority List as fast but what ultimately matters to your quality of lifestyle in the short term is your seniority in your seat/fleet.