PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2016, 17:52

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tommytailwind

Great post!

I am genuinely pleased that folks can come and take a look at what BA is like ON THE INSIDE! Then go back to their previous employer. My best friend in life did exactly that, and I understand his reasons for returning to the big orange! Everyone's happy! Even the person able to move into his vacancy!

Lot's of comments I could address here, but hey the warm beer, open fire and (non flying!!) friends are calling!

One thing I won't accept though is this. People paid by a customer to teach new joiners the customer's SOPs are unprofessional if they are calling their customer's SOPs, rubbish! They are also speaking from a position of ignorance if they've never used those same procedures in anger.

There's no more wrong with BA's SOP's than are wrong with anyone else's.

That unprofessional and ignorant behaviour definitely needs feeding back to the customer. So thanks for that.

Aviation is a cyclical business. Seven years traditionally from peak to peak. Trough to trough. (With other factors in the meantime!) Make sure you're standing by a good chair when the music stops!!!!