PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B787 - LGW based
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2016, 03:03
g-code

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NEDude
Yeah, that FedEx has a base in CGN, and runs internal EU operations using N-registered aircraft, really disgusts me. I am a dual US-EU national, so I have split loyalties. But I know for certain if an EU cargo company set up a US crew base and flew internal US operations using EU registered aircraft, the US unions would be screaming bloody murder.
The EU isn't a single country and FedEx isn't doing it with crew operating as contractors under a rediculous training bond and disgustingly low pay and work rules either.

The EU and US carriers both have 5th freedom rights so if any carrier wanted to open a US base with European crew they are more than welcome to fly to Canada, Mexico, any other nearby country.....just like FedEx does.

The argument from us isn't over those rights. It's over NAIs flag of convenience model and in regards to flight crew.

2nd year FedEx FO pay and benefits blowNorwegian CAPTAIN pay out of the water. So I don't know why you would bemoan a company that keeps flying "in house" and pays pilots exceedingly well compared to almost every other company on the planet. Instead come negotiation time I would take their contract and slide it across the table.

Last edited by g-code; 11th Dec 2016 at 03:14.