PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2016, 14:27
terry holloway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BEagle
Terry, as you weren't actually a pilot in the RAF, you probably don't understand the faux pas involved in wearing an actual RAF pilot's flying badge to which one is not entitled. Nor the outrage which such a thing arouses amongst those who've actually earned their 'wings' the hard way.

Certainly some pilots' wives and partners wore 'sweetheart brooches', but those are entirely different.
I understand the pride in RAF wings only too well. One doesn't serve for 34 years without "getting it"! Also recognise the emotion of pretence, but I do not remotely think she was remotely attempting to impersonate an RAF pilot, and certainly not with that brooch!
What really makes me see red is blatant impersonation of "veterans" either by uniform, insignia or medals. One sees plenty of people doing that in "fancy dress" at Goodwood events and elsewhere, and I really don't think TCT is in that category!

Originally Posted by Jonzarno
Is that what Ms Curtis-Taylor is saying? Personally, I don't think that saying the wings are a "talisman or a brooch" will run as an excuse. She is wearing them on a flight suit in the position they would be worn by a genuine RAF pilot.

As you were kind enough to offer to ask her: is there any news from her about the other two questions?
That's my opinion not her response to a question!