PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines pay insufficient usage charges for YSSY
Old 9th Dec 2016, 08:48
Lead Balloon

Received 410 Likes on 202 Posts
Airlines pay insufficient usage charges for YSSY

I am very concerned to note that, according to these figures: Who pays what? ATO names large companies that paid zero tax in 2014-15 - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation), Sydney Airport Limited is paying no tax on income of about $1.1 billion (yes: that's a "b".)

This can't be correct. Usage charges for YSSY should be increased to ensure that Sydney Airport Limited makes a profit.

The struggling bloated leaches on the body politic that have a 40 year monopoly on RPT airports in the Sydney basin must surely be able to make a profit by sucking airlines and passengers dry for use of what's an international joke.

Sorry: Did I say that out loud? I meant to say that any company that can't make any taxable income out of a monopoly asset is run by incompetents.

Whoops: Did I say that out loud as well? What I meant to say is that we should bless and thank the altruistic work of those who continue to run YSSY on a not-for-profit basis. Charities of this kind are essential to the functioning of Australia's third world aviation system.

Message to the major political parties: This **** is why so many Australians are over it.

Last edited by Lead Balloon; 9th Dec 2016 at 20:04. Reason: Changed 1.8 to 1.1