PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet goes down on its way to Medellin, Colombia
Old 8th Dec 2016, 10:42
A0283

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update 4 - tail and seating

Adding to my Update number 3 at #729. Jet goes down on its way to Medellin, Colombia - Page 37 - PPRuNe Forums

I found a second video showing the high ridge more clearly and from a better angle. It shows the horizontal and vertical tail still connected with relatively little deformation, sitting on the top edge of the high ridge. The tailspeedbrake is lying just a few meters away from the tail. This trends to confirm the impact and breakup guesstimate scenario.

In my update 3 - I stated that, based on the indicated seating arrangement, the three players were very lucky. I found an article which stated that at least one of the surviving players had changed seats during the flight with one of the medical staff. Which means the player moved to a seat more aft.

Still no sign of the front of the plane, neither cockpit nor front cabin fuselage, except for the captains main instrument panel plus the captains jacket. But the location where these were found is not clear. It is possible that the nose, cockpit and front are located under the large crown of the big tree that was pushed over. If so, then that would corroborate the guesstimated impact and breakup scenario. If true, then my impression is that the speed at impact was less than what is indicated in most newspaper articles.