PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emotions on discharge!!!!
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2016, 17:06
NutLoose

Received 2,818 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Clearing was easy, I signed most of it myself with various coloured pens and signatures, medical, PMC, clothing stores and the section were the only ones I bothered about, the rest seemed pointless to me and who the heck was going to chase me for the others.

Biggest regret was the friends and companionship you invariably lose as civilian street just does not have the same attitude and support.

I handed in my ID (the old white plastic credit card version that fell apart months before I left) and that was it, I visited a couple of weeks later for the section Christmas do and was signed onto Brize by my ex boss even though I was still technically in the RAF.... It would be another 27 years when I visited RAF Cosford museum, before I stepped back onto an RAF establishment.

You will find you are to a certain amount brainwashed when you come out, and I mean that in the nicest way, you could always recognise ex RAF who were freshly out by the shoes. For some reason ex RAF shoes seem to always be in vogue.

You will be ok

Last edited by NutLoose; 6th Dec 2016 at 17:26.