PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2016, 10:34
surely not

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Terry Holloway asks what the end game is for this thread.

I can't speak for anyone else but my wish, having read this thread from the beginning, is that any award given, or proposed to be given, for these flights on the basis of piloting or difficulty of the flights is withdrawn as we now know she wasn't solo; she didn't do her own flight planning; she used GPS to navigate; she didn't sort out the overflights, visas, etc; she didn't do the engineering checks on the Stearman; she didn't arrange her own PR, she had a logistics team arranging hotels, baggage transfers, paying the bills etc.

Her major part to play in these flights appears to have been to scrub up nicely and to speak well, and she carried out these duties admirably.

After the flights she has exaggerated freely about her exploits, claimed things that have been easily disproved, and someone has landed her with having to accept these awards for things she didn't do. It would have been preferable if she had politely declined the awards as they were factually inaccurate.

I remember watching with fascination as Sheila Scott and her Comanche Myth Too flew around the World. That was meritorious, TCT isn't even on the same page of capability.

I'm sure that TCT's exploits will make a rippingly good film, but please can she stop pretending to have done this solo, or that it in any way shape or form compares to Amy Johnson, Sheila Scott and other pioneering female aviators.

That clarifies what I would like to see as an end game. Others may want differently