PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet goes down on its way to Medellin, Colombia
Old 3rd Dec 2016, 01:48
JumpJumpJump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't sen any mention of is yet, but for those of you that do not remember your Greek mythology lessons.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamia Seems like a dark precursor to what happened.

I guess that now we are awaiting to see the transcripts from the CVR to get a better picture of what the climate was like on the Flight Deck and also to better understand who was sitting where and performing what role. I imagine that there was quite a large power gradient, I wonder how assertive the two first officers were, of if they were happy to go along with the plan, having been raised by the company and its culture. Right now in South America the pilot job market is incredibly tough and I get the impression from many of my students that there is a prevailing feeling of job preservation and a mentality of "If I say NO somebody else will say YES". I saw that the UK AAIB and Representatives of the Manufacturer are now in Medelin, I am curious as to how quickly a preliminary report will be issued.

Last edited by JumpJumpJump; 3rd Dec 2016 at 01:53. Reason: SPAG