PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why I turned down Cathay Pacific (SO Transition)
Old 2nd Dec 2016, 09:31
Krajchek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EU point of view

Originally Posted by whackthemole
Exactly. Most of us have friends or ex-colleges who'd we'd love to see join us in CX, but who turned away this disrespectful offer.

In fact, it used to be a fairly common occurrence that recruiting was done through word of mouth and recommendations. Whatever legends or aura that exists around Cathay Pacific developed because we were able to hire from the top shelf around the world. Nobody in their right mind would recommend this deal to a friend who has any kind of experience or skill-set.

The irony of it all is that the ones with the spine, brain and judgement to walk away from this deal are the exact pilots we should be hiring. They're the ones who have what it takes to make decisions at 38,000' when facing a nightmare scenario.

But beggars can't be choosers.
Hi there! I hope you also have the perspective of an EU pilot. Other pilots here already expressed They. Make 2,000/month wiht wizzair! Or 3,000 after they payed their type Rating loans back. I hope you won't be judjung or have preconceptions about our decision makins on 38,000ft accepting a job for 6,500 month with housing allowance not everyone lives in Australia.
I love asia and lived like an asian already. And if someone wants lo live specifically in HK, may it be, why not CX.

HOWEVER! I also agree with you, with 500hrs on type I would choose other carriers in the region are paying more than CX. Totally aree.