PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2016, 23:43
SATCOS WHIPPING BOY

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts
Chris, the mass media is our friend on this. If there had only been the one reference to solo in the media then it would be easy for TCT and BiaB PR to explain it away. As it was all media reporting as solo, even the papers and TV channel that were the main supporters (Daily Mail and ITN), then it is harder to say "they got it wrong"; the misinformation can only have come from a single source - the BiaB team themselves.

It also means that we have sources to refer back to and verify what was said and by whom. There is the "on my own" quote in the Telegraph which I have checked by contacting the paper and both the journalist and the editorial compliance exec have said this was what TCT actually said to them. Add to that the Herne Bay vomit-inducer, the "Alone in an open cockpit" self promotional speech and you can conclude it is clear that we are correct. Even non-aviation bodies who have no direct involvement or reason to mis-report have documented it as a solo venture (see the Women's Institute presentation linked in one of my earlier posts).

There is absolutely no doubt that it was the media and the sponsors who were fed the solo yarn by TCT. Shame there are still sycophants out there that do not wish to see the truth in all of this.

As for TCT's next crash...It won't be power-lines or totem poles but a collision with her own ego; basically a Bird(in a biplane)Strike.