PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maurice Kirk is in Africa
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2016, 04:50
Hornet33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jetblu
I have just found a post on Maurice's F'book. Unsure if it joins a few more dots.

Maurice Kirk
19 November ·

WHO HELPED PREVENT COMPULSORY GERMAN IN EGYPTION SCHOOL?

Sam, rude to who? your lovely Greek liason chap Lino is yet to grasp the insults I and other English boys on this jaunt have received at Marsa HEMM re fuel costs at $4 a litre and my UK currency being refused for only US Trump stuff, a nation always late for a War or starting on knee jerk stupidity unnecessarily.. etc......I think a little history needs to be recited to young Lino on his way in life and please copy this into his email

Not that it is this generation's responsibility but it was only Belgium that caused us to have to fight the 1st World War.......but, again., that was not the majority's fault or aviator Stampe's fault

Lino did no conscription I suspect but I have urged him to go travel, alone in stead, to absorb the every thing around him at a quicker pace than in a gaggle of people usually on one language foreign to the country they are in

My plans after Marsa horror was resort to my original route to fly via West Africa but it is too late now.,,I will stick with you having paid.and can get no money back

Do you wish me to be rude to you only re promises, promises, a wasted day in Shoreham to wings off etc to London to listen to some pongo, causing me to walk out,waxing eloquent over state helicopter secrets over a dinner table of deliciously flowing champaigne to a bunch of 'who knows what' all of which made me unnecessarily one week behind the rally schedule?.... just ask

If I enter Sudan tomorrow is the visa sorted...? I have great sympathy, dont forget, for your head ACHES, caused by the time consuming stragglers!

bluish skies

He states that his plan was to fly the west coast down to the Cape.
He obviously doesn't like Sam Rutherford which is a great shame, because they have all paid a lot to go on the trip which he is leading, and if it's not meeting their expectations then trouble will result.