PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2016, 12:29
noflynomore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems to me there is a big hole in the information we have on this matter.

TCT's publicity, speeches and website all deal with aviation in considerable detail and volume yet some of her "awards" appear to have been given for her "outreach" programme, apparently aimed at enthusing women into technology and engineering, a somewhat odd choice for someone flying a 70 year old aeroplane and who professes a hatred of technology. This is so bizarrely contradictory that it should raise major questions, yet it appears not to have done so thus far.

What do we know of this "outreach" programme? What does it do? What does it contain? What has it achieved? Who has been "outreached" to if that is the correct word? (That word makes me squirm, it's so hollow and faux-pretentious). What has it achieved?

If TCT has been given prestigious awards on the basis of this surely there must be a considerable resource of info to support it yet I don't recall seeing or hearing of any here? Or are we being a bit insular in concentrating on the aviation aspect?

I find the paucity of info from TCT herself, never knowingly under-promoted, both on her website and elsewhere rather odd. If it was/is so valuable a contribution why wouldn't she be flogging it as loudly as the aviation side? Does anyone know what this programme has achieved to merit her awards? Presumably those who awarded the awards do. Surely this info must be available somewhere?

Surely information compelling enough to gain these awards must be in the public domain in quantity and not just privy to the bodies concerned. Or is that an unwarranted assumption?

Anyone got the details?

Last edited by noflynomore; 27th Nov 2016 at 14:08.