PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2016, 05:16
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Interesting question Fat One. If the Stearman continues to carry their name it could cause embarrassment if there are any future problems.

I wonder where this leaves the proposed USA trip?

Artemis were the main sponsors and with them gone will Boeing pick up the tab?

Meanwhile below is an assement of Tracey Curtis Taylor's 'adventures' by UK flying instructor and aviation writer Helen Krasner.

IF these had been solo flights, they would of been worthy of admiration and awards. As flights with someone else there, they are not; they are simply ordinary flights. I speak as an (ex) pilot and flying instructor of many years and flying hours standing. I also happen to be female, which is actually irrelevant. Flying solo over great distances is mentally hard, and hard work. Flying with someone else there with you who is either a pilot or knows about aviation, turns it into an ordinary flight, albeit a long one. Who manipulates the controls is irrelevant. I could have done it, most qualified private pilots could have done it, many people have done it - both male and female. It is simply not worth mentioning, let alone being mentioned in the press or given awards.
Helen is well qualified to comment and has published a number of books on flying.
https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/HelenKrasner

Helen Krasner holds a Commercial Pilot's Licence for helicopters, and had a rotary Instructor's Rating until very recently . She worked as a helicopter instructor for several years, instructing for various flying schools on Robinson R22s and R44s. She has also flown a large number of other helicopter types, has a private pilot’s licence for aeroplanes, and has had a go at flying microlights, gliders, and balloons.
Helen has been writing professionally for many years and contributes regularly to a number of aviation publications. She was nominated for an Aerospace Journalist of the Year award in 2004, for an article about flying helicopters in Russia. She has also had several books published, both print and ebooks, mainly – though not exclusively – on aviation related topics. She is also a former Newsletter Editor for the BWPA (British Women Pilots' Association).

Last edited by Mike Flynn; 22nd Nov 2016 at 06:43.