PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2016, 13:14
FogBuster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tuck Mach

Qantas will continue to need crew.

As the Asian carriers struggle to fill their seats, the Middle Eastern states have trouble with theirs, Qantas has a problem and they know it. Caught short of crew after years of brand and staff bashing, and focusing all their venture capital on Red Q, JQ to the world and other follies, there is simply no fat left as Alan wandered down roads of ego bereft of returns...
As you say, Qantas is short of crew and in desperate need of good drivers who can get up and running ASAP. First step by HR? Wipe out over a third of the cadets waiting in the wings. Now we've lost a bunch from link that Qantas rejected, I guess up to 15 years of neglect without the job to show for it was enough for them. That's plenty of good talent that is no longer working for the group.

Qantas showed their hand with the recent recruitment round. If they were willing to throw away the cadets already in group companies, it's clear that the internal expressions of interest was just a carrot to try and stem the flow to the Middle East and Asia. I reckon chances are slim to none that any internals with a Y chromosome will get a job in mainline. Hopefully I'm proved wrong on that front, time will tell. Plenty of great captains and FOs internally that deserve the job but I wouldn't blame them for a second if they decide not to wait for Qantas to see the light.