PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Liberal Party wins, Bombardier wins
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2016, 01:45
Mostly Harmless

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Now those are more informative numbers.

No one squawked when millions were given to the auto industry
I did. And loudly. Same can be said for any banks that received handouts. I am staunchly against all corporate welfare.

Any 'investment' (keyword) in Bombardier, public or private, will have an impact on Canadian aerospace and (by default) Canadian aerospace taxpayers who are all very much interested and aware of just how fragile things are, not just for Bombardier.
The primary problem with your argument is that while nothing has been done to help the 100,000+ people who have lost their direct and indirect jobs from the energy industry, you are talking about favouring one industry over another. An industry that does not employ 100,000+ people on it's best day in this nation. A company that is busy outsourcing jobs off shore before any strings come attached with that money. I have large issues with hypocrisy and favouritism as well as corporate welfare. Money for one, money for all. Capitalism is a harsh landscape but where one company fails, another rises to take it's place. Not pleasant but necessary to avoid Zombie companies dragging your economy into the grave.

I actually hope this is a big seller for BBD.... but I don't want to support it with my tax dollars. Blended Federal/Provincial tax rates are already over 50% of your income in 6 out of 10 provinces. Now, add in municipal, sales and hidden taxes and see where you are at. For every 1 dollar you take home, you need to earn $2 to $2.50. If you don't see that as an issue... I see it as a death spiral for our nation. You don't have any money to save for retirement. This makes you dependant on the government in your elder years. Because more people are dependant on the government in retirement, the government needs to raise revenues (taxes). This means that the next generation saves even less becoming even more dependant on the government. The cycle repeats until nearing 100% tax rates... then what happens?