PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK results out
Thread: EK results out
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2016, 04:54
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why would Trump not allow the ME3 to buy Boeing? He's a businessman after all. If anything, I could see the ME3 threatening to cancel orders to try and pressure (extort, really) the US to not implement protectionist policies. That would be just their style. Problem is, that leverage isn't what it once was: the days when fleets would double every couple of years are over. When's the last time everyone got giddy over some big airshow order announcement? If anything there's overcapacity now. As evidenced by EK's falling load factors and big profit drop. Sorry Timmy, can't blame this one on the price of oil or the Russian ruble.

Sure, if EK or whomever cancelled a big Boeing order it would hurt. I'm sure Boeing would hate to lose the sales to Airbus. (Assuming Airbus has the aircraft the ME3 need - I would guess EK has operational reasons for operating 160 B777's with plans to acquire the B777X?)

But if you think the US needs the ME3 as much as airlines need airplanes, you might want to take a course in logic.

Last edited by nolimitholdem; 12th Nov 2016 at 05:08.