PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which modular school to choose ?
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2016, 17:43
KayPam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SeventhHeaven
150€ for a quality book is not expensive, at all. Consider yourself lucky you're not going to uni! If you, for example, would have picked a proper metallurgy book you would probably pay over 300€. Your uncle's book is cheap because it's about music..

There are plenty of people selling their books after they're done. Just browse around, or try to meet people at schools and ask around. They'll be happy to help.

Honestly, you're spending 50 000+ for training, 150 for a book really isn't all that expensive.

Also, you're asking a lot of questions about flight training, which is GREAT!!! But try to talk to people in real life as well. We're all strangers on the internet. Some are glorified wannabes thinking they know everything there and defend their choices, some are experienced pilots just looking to help, others are trying to sell you something, etc. In the end, you gotta trust your own instinct and opinion!
Well, I attended two top unis (one in France, one in Australia), and none of them required me to buy 150$+ books..
The French one printed its own books, and sold them at the bare minimum price, about 7€ per book. The authors were our teachers
The Australian one did not require books at all so this example is on a different level.

But ok, there is a market price and it is quite high.

Would there be any other comment on the Jeppesen books quality ?
It would really make my life easier if they were good : the ESMA will provide the electronic version, and it could prove useful to have both the electronic and paper version of the books. (I could work on the pdf files at work and on the books at home)

What about the age of the books ?
I can find a 2013 complete set for 300€
Is it too old ?
Thanks

Last edited by KayPam; 10th Nov 2016 at 18:02.