PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2016, 19:19
MaverickPrime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SpeedBird2233
Afternoon Ladies & Gents,

I've been looking through this thread on & off for the last few years! With the dream to become a pilot but a contract ending in late 2017, I haven't had the opportunity to apply to either BA or any other cadetships so far. With the possible release of an "FPP2" as I believe it was called, i'm quite interested to ask a couple of thread veterans some questions!

-First Q was about some grade requirements:
Do you think the application boundaries will drop from the A/Ls BBC to GCSEs only? & what are the advantages/disadvantages for an airline if they changed these application requirements?

The qualifications i'm gaining through my apprenticeship will equate to 3 A Levels, but I cant be certain that BA accepts the type of qualification that i'll receive, whether it be equivalent or not. Of course Virgin have a 5 GCSE minimum but I was under the impression BA only used A Levels to chop down application volume.

-Second Q was about previous flying experience:
Does the prior amount of air-time you have affect an airline/flight school's view on you?

I'm practically a lesson away from completing my PPL & I don't really have the intention to stop flying afterwards as i'm enjoying it so much! Looking into doing a night and tail rating too. The reason I ask this is after questioning both BA pilots (from recruitment) and ground-based BA pilot recruiters & CTC recruitment staff, they both had different answers.

Replies in brief below, obviously both did say don't do ATPL Exams
BA Pilot: No more than 90-100 hours PIC. Try to stay away from instrumentation (IMC ect...)
Non-Pilot Recruiters & CTC Staff: Do as much flying as possible.

I know the post is a tad on the long-side, but i'd appreciate any reply.

Cheers!
If it is really BA that you want to fly for, finance permitting, just crack on with your flying training and get yourself into the industry, get some experience and apply as a DEFO. Your young so time is in your side.

No point postponing your career in the hopes that BA will open the FFP in the near future and you might be lucky enough to get onto it.

IMHO