PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2016, 13:00
SpeedBird2233

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Afternoon Ladies & Gents,

I've been looking through this thread on & off for the last few years! With the dream to become a pilot but a contract ending in late 2017, I haven't had the opportunity to apply to either BA or any other cadetships so far. With the possible release of an "FPP2" as I believe it was called, i'm quite interested to ask a couple of thread veterans some questions!

-First Q was about some grade requirements:
Do you think the application boundaries will drop from the A/Ls BBC to GCSEs only? & what are the advantages/disadvantages for an airline if they changed these application requirements?

The qualifications i'm gaining through my apprenticeship will equate to 3 A Levels, but I cant be certain that BA accepts the type of qualification that i'll receive, whether it be equivalent or not. Of course Virgin have a 5 GCSE minimum but I was under the impression BA only used A Levels to chop down application volume.

-Second Q was about previous flying experience:
Does the prior amount of air-time you have affect an airline/flight school's view on you?

I'm practically a lesson away from completing my PPL & I don't really have the intention to stop flying afterwards as i'm enjoying it so much! Looking into doing a night and tail rating too. The reason I ask this is after questioning both BA pilots (from recruitment) and ground-based BA pilot recruiters & CTC recruitment staff, they both had different answers.

Replies in brief below, obviously both did say don't do ATPL Exams
BA Pilot: No more than 90-100 hours PIC. Try to stay away from instrumentation (IMC ect...)
Non-Pilot Recruiters & CTC Staff: Do as much flying as possible.

I know the post is a tad on the long-side, but i'd appreciate any reply.

Cheers!