PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2016, 12:53
fwjc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with much of what Canute is saying. There is some vitriol in here which isn't becoming and neither is it proportionate to the wrongdoings that we all feel have been carried out by TCT. The fact that she continues to perpetuate these with her continued spin doesn't help.

But I can categorically state that while TCT has messed up, I don't hate her. I actually like her as a person. My main feelings are of disappointment, sadness and betrayal.

Her behaviour has been unprofessional, her spin has continued to levels which only serve to show how much she has messed up. And as a prominent female pilot, her attitude and continued deceit has given the rest of the female pilot population a lot of ground to make back.

A while ago a prominent female pilot landed a vintage warbird wheels up. Her immediate response: "I messed up. And this is how I messed up" - followed by an examination of the human factors that contributed to her unfortunate mistake. In the small vintage airshow industry, that integrity and honesty gains far more kudos than smoke and mirrors and blaming everything and every one but yourself.

It's a shame that none of the outreach activities claimed by TCT are pictured or documented on her website. If even a few pictures and descriptions of these "Outreach" and "STEM promotion" were to be published, it would probably help.

It's also obvious why none of the display flying she claims she undertook as a "Shuttleworth Pilot" is pictured on her website. Instead there are pictures of her with various beautiful aeroplanes that she hasn't flown. Again, if she were to show the truth of her connection with the Collection, it wouldn't do her any harm.

I hope that CV's flight is carried out with dignity and honesty, and that the outreach opportunities are maximised and documented so we can see for ourselves the excellent work that I am sure CV can do.

So, from my own perspective, it's not hatred. Just disappointment and sadness.

It would be great to achieve a resolution on the matter of the wearing of the RAF wings. And after that I would leave her to sue the parties she claims have damaged her. That is when the whole situation will be sorted, as the truth will come out and be judged fairly.