PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2016, 11:02
saisay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flamin_Squirrel
Aww so sorry to hear that, especially as you did so well to be one of the 1 in 100 or so to get through. I guess it's only a bright side for me if I get through the second time!

I originally wanted to be a professional pilot, but I can only get a Class 2 medical (so I'm OK for ATC and private flying, but not commercial) so I know how it feels. That said, I honestly think not getting through these tests hurts more than being told I can't fly professionally; feeling like a failure isn't nice.

I felt FEAST was fine for me. Because of the number of questions in each section, you get a chance to get into the swing of it. DART ramps up in difficulty so quickly I didn't realise how much I needed to plan ahead before it was too late.

Can you tell me what multi-pass like in comparison?
Without wanting to give too much away, the multipass does require planning ahead and a lot of multitasking, though once you get a rhythm going everything generally runs quite smoothly. Everyone on the day seemed to find it easier than the DART.

And The Many Tentacles is right, you need a European Class 3 medical certificate for ATC (at least with NATS). If you can only get a Class 2, you might be in the same boat as me.