PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL theory questions
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2016, 20:03
RedBullGaveMeWings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am going to ask this question here as I've been unable to post on atpforum.eu due to technical problems.

Hopefully someone who has access to Bristol GS CBT can help me as this is a question in the Grid Navigation Progress Test.

I am having trouble solving this question and don't really understand the last part of the explanation in the CBT.
(Refer to Annex 098-061-001)
Note you will need to print and then plot on this diagram. North Polar Stereographic Chart with a grid overlaid with the Greenwich Meridian. An Aircraft Flies from the geographic North Pole for a distance of 480 NM along the 110° E Meridian, then follows a Grid Track of 154° for a distance of 300 NM. Its position is now approximately:

80°00'N 080°E
I have no problem in solving the first part of the question as it is just matter of subtracting 8° (480 NM/60) from 90° to find the 82°N latitude, however I am not understanding how to get to the final solution and I don't understand the last part of the explanation which says to use the latitude scale to measure this 300 NM but I am provided with no scale.

What am I missing?