PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2016, 15:49
pilotmike

Received 66 Likes on 18 Posts
Ms C-T's Wiki page keeps listing her entire Career section around being at a few display, mostly as a static entry. No matter how often these incorrect claims to be a career display pilot are removed, presumably for her own benefit to prevent any chance of her being blamed for claiming to have flown either illegally or indeed if untrue, these claims keep being reverted back as her Career section.

The CAA section on Display flying has the following to say:
Display pilots
Before you can perform at an approved flying display you will need a display authorisation. This requires you to undertake an approval flight for a display evaluator.

Renew a display authorisation by filling in and sending us form SRG 1302.
To upgrade a display authorisation please use form SRG 1300.
For an initial application for a display authorisation please see Flying Displays and Special Events: A guide to safety and administrative arrangements.
Check the cost in our Scheme of Charges.
Guidance for display pilots
Guidance on forms and charges is available in our quick reference guide
You now need a behavioural and attitudinal fitness assessment.
As there is video evidence of Artifice being displayed at the Herne Bay Air Disply, I wonder how her "behavioural and attitudinal fitness assessment" went, given this claim apparently attributed to her "Over the sea, I was flying at 10 feet or below over breeding whales".

I also wonder what height minima she was operating to and what other requirements there were for her Display Authorisation, which presumably was issued for participation in this disply.

By the way, did anyone manage to capture the quote posted a few days ago, apparently of Ms C-T boasting to an audience about some of her airmanship faux pas and subsequent threats to officials who reprimanded her and almost arrested her for breaching their airspace regulations? It seems to have gone, which is a pity.